Superfood And Its Benefits
31. Fat-free milk: With a third of the calcium and half the vitamin D you need in a day, plus 8 grams u of muscle-building protein, it’s the ultimate energy drink.
32. Baked potatoes: Each one packs a megadose of blood-pressure–lowering potassium—even more than a banana.
33. Sweet potatoes: Half of a large baked sweet potato delivers more than 450% of your daily dose of vitamin A, which protects your vision and your immune system.
34. Flaxseed: Not only is flaxseed loaded with plant omega-3s, it also has more lignans (compounds that may prevent endometrial and ovarian cancer) than any other food. Store ground flaxseed in your refrigerator and sprinkle on yogurt, cold cereal or oatmeal.
35. Greek yogurt: It has twice the protein of regular yogurt.
36. Dried tart cherries: Researchers at Michigan State University found their potent anthocyanins help control blood sugar, reduce insulin and lower cholesterol.
37. Wheat germ: A quarter-cup gives you more than 40% of your daily vitamin E and immune-boosting selenium.
38. Whole-wheat english muffins: You get 4 ½ grams of fiber for only 134 calories.
39. Tea: Both green and black tea prevent hardening of the arteries, according to researchers at the University of Scranton.
40. Peanut butter: This smart spread has arginine, an amino acid that helps keep blood vessels healthy.
41. Blackberries: The king of the berry family boasts more antioxidants than strawberries, cranberries or blueberries.